Happy Thanksgiving! Tablet Magazine and The Scroll will not be publishing new content until Monday. Maybe the long weekend is a good time to reacquaint yourselves with our Turkey Week?
• Speaking of! Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan thinks the U.N. tribunal probing former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri’s 2005 assassination should postpone its indictments for a year lest its findings lead Hezbollah to be startin’ something. [JPost]
• As of now, Israel’s top strategy vis-à-vis Iran is to convince the United States to take a harder line, not to prepare for its own military action. [Politico]
• Murdoch, Cheney, oil, and Israel: What could possibly go wrong? [Fast Company]
• Tablet Magazine books critic Adam Kirsch considers Günter Grass’s novelistic memoir The Box. [Slate]
• Contributing editor Joan Nathan on young Jews cooking hardcore Ashkenazic dishes. Cholent-chic! [NYT]
So this is why peace is impossible.