Sundown: The Old Guard Makes Their Move
Plus, the Kissinger ball falls in Bloomberg’s court, and more
• Two old school pro-settlement members of Likud are floating around an idea where Israel will withdraw large numbers of settlers and replacing them with soldiers. We’ll be watching this one.[Haaretz]
• Today, a New York press conference meant to shame “pig” Henry Kissinger into apologizing for his recent remarks turned interesting. Assemblyman Dov Hikind made a pivot and called on Mayor Michael Bloomberg to return the Henry A. Kissinger Prize Hizzoner won earlier this year. [Vosisneias]
• The Jewish Federations of North America will donate $2.4 million to help with the forest fire recovery. [JTA]
• Democratic Rep Ron Klein vows to protect Israel foreign aid from Republican trimming in the new House. [JPost]
• Can Jews read E-Books on Shabbat? The answer within! [Atlantic]
The Tablet-Official Greatest Jewish Song of All Time.