Daybreak: Iran Back on Track?
Plus assaulted Logan was called ‘Jew,’ and more in the news
• A forthcoming report from international inspectors is expected to relay that Iran’s nuclear scientists quickly recovered from Stuxnet’s damage and are enriching uranium at Natanz regular levels. [WP]
• Meanwhile, President Obama praised Iranian protesters while stopping short of calling for regime change; some Iranian legislators pushed for the death of two top opposition leaders. [WP]
• The people who sexually assualted CBS News reporter Lara Logan in Tahrir Square were reportedly shouting, “Jew! Jew! Jew!” (So far as I can tell, Logan is not Jewish.) [NY Post]
• Egypt’s ruling military convened eight experts, including a Muslim Brotherhood representative and a Coptic Christian and led by an anti-Mubarak retired judge, and tasked them with revisiting the constitution. [NYT]
• An Israeli NGO has documented the systematic beatings and rapes migrant Africans receive from Bedouin smugglers in the Sinai as they try to make their way to Israel. [NYT]
• Madoff speaks, for the first time since his arrest. Says some other banks would have known what he was up to; names no names. [NYT]