I am off next week, but The Scroll will of course continue its perpetual unfurling.
• The Palestinians are planning to abandon the peace process in favor of nonviolent protests, U.N. action, and other gambits toward achieving statehood. [WSJ]
• Are you a Middle Eastern country? Wanna buy advanced weaponry? Business is still booming! [WP]
• Amazing pictures of Soviet Jews in the 1920s and ‘30s. [English Russia]
• Muammar Gaddafi and Charlie Sheen: Who said what? Fun quiz! [VF]
• Shimon Peres meets Florentino Perez, the president of the Spanish soccer team Real Madrid. I wonder if Perez just called Peres his given name—Perski—to make life easier? [JPost]
• Judith Butler on the Kafka papers. A certain type of reader will be very excited to read this. [LRB]
Loyal Scroll readers will know how bummed I am that I did not get to write the canonical article on observant Jewish Phish fans.