Daybreak: Gates in Israel to Urge Peace
Plus Syria heats up, and more in the news
• Defense Secretary Robert Gates is in Israel to discuss Iran and urge the resumption of the peace process. There is apparently some concern that the Arab upheavals have created a sense of urgency for Israel on the peace subject. [Haaretz]
• Earlier, Gates was in Egypt, urging the interim military leaders not to hold elections too soon. [WSJ]
• There are more anti-regime protests in the southern Syrian city of Daraa, where 15 were killed yesterday. [AP/WP]
• The Knesset subcommittee had its hearing into J Street’s pro-Israelness. Group head Jeremy Ben-Ami was there, and it was about as productive as you’d expect. [WP]
• Reuters pulls some B.S. in describing yesterday’s terrorist attack at a Jerusalem bus station. [Goldblog]
Here’s some video about the attack.