• A new Pew poll suggests the Jewish vote is trending Republican in a more pronounced fashion than the general populace’s. Big news if it shows up in November. [Forward]
• In a remarkable report, Robert Worth finds an official Iranian attempt to co-opt the Arab Spring failing in light of the leadership’s continued support for the Assad regime. [NYT]
• At Herzliya, former Congressman and Obama ally Robert Wexler questioned whether Israel should be building on West Bank land such that the amount of land swapped in a final deal is diminished. He is doing the Lord’s work, pun intended. [JPost]
• A French Jewish woman is embroiled in a custody battle with a Saudi prince. Wait, what? [JTA]
• Coffee with Shalom Auslander. [Capital]
• The Anti-Defamation League lambasted a local Italian politician for calling Roberto Benigni a “communist billionaire Jew,” which we back the group on. It added, “He is a man to be celebrated, not insulted.”… Yeah? [Ynet]
“I am what they call a Jew,” says The O.C. creator Josh Schwartz, “which means that I am neurotic and have a habit of falling into tailspins of anxiety.” It’s not just Jewish bloggers? Also, remember how this is the best plotline in television history?