• Sen. Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky (and son of presidential candidate Rep. Ron), is filibustering a judicial nominee and has pledged to do the same for a transportation bill, in the hopes of passing his own bill, which would cut off all U.S. financial assistance to Egypt. [LAT]
• The Mormon Church formally apologized for posthumously baptizing the Nazi-murdered parents of the Nazi-hunter Simon Wiesenthal. This is likely to be the last we hear of the Church’s practice of posthumous baptizing of Jews, since there are currently no prominent Mormon public figures. [Reuters/NYT]
• Read Amir Mizroch’s imagining of an Israeli newscast the day after Israel strikes Iran. Then go hide under the bed. [Forecast Highs]
• Anti-Semitism scandal at Man. U. Go Spurs! #soccer [Deadspin]
• Israeli tennis player Shahar Peer advanced to the third round of the annual Qatar tournament she was once banned from. [Times of India]
• Jesse Eisenberg has a lot to thank Jeremy Lin for. [McSweeney’s]
I have Jeremy Lin to thank for this last night.