Daybreak: The Chosen One’s Chosen
Plus, the Obama doctrine, and more in the news
• The HOUSTON ORTHODOX BASKETBALL TEAM that won a chance to play in the finals after national pressure got their time to shine. They won in the semi-finals, but lost by 4 in the finals. [JTA]
• A BROOKLYN NEWBORN who died in September was found to have contracted herpes from metzizah b’peh. [Daily News].
• IN A COUP, MITT ROMNEY LOCKED DOWN the endorsement of every Jewish Republican in congress. None are interested in the vice-presidency. [Jewish Journal]
• AT THE PROMPTING OF AN 11-YEAR OLD he also attacked President Obama’s AIPAC speech and Iran policy. [LAT]
• A ROMNEY ADVISER LAYS OUT WHY ISRAELIS DON’T TRUST OBAMA. [WSJ]
• BUT A NEW STUDY FINDS ISRAELIS largely agreeing with the President’s Iran approach. [WSJ]
• HUGO CHAVEZ has cancer again and will undergo radiation treatment. [NYT]
• IRAN HELD AN “ELECTION” that consolidated the Ayatollah’s power and reduced Ahmadinejad’s.[Reuters]
• US OFFICIALS SAY IRAN IS STEPPING UP MILITARY assistance to the Syrian government. [Washington Post]
• A SECOND MAN WAS CHARGED in the firebombings of two New Jersey synagogues. [JTA]
The Scroll will be reporting from AIPAC all day, so be sure to check in.