Inside and Out
Ep. 328: Abigail Pogrebin on the new installment of ‘The Minyan,’ Allison Josephs on Hollywood’s portrayal of Orthodox Judaism, and a very Unorthodox fundraiser
This week on Unorthodox, we’re kicking off our annual fundraiser and upping the stakes: For every $100 you donate, you’ll be entered to win a mystery gift box curated by Stephanie, Mark, or Liel. Donate at tabletm.ag/mysterybox.
Abigail Pogrebin returns to the show to tell us about the latest installment of The Minyan, her roundtable interview series for Tablet. She spoke with Orthodox women about their identities and experiences and shares some of that conversation, and the insights it inspired. Check out The Minyan at tabletmag.com/minyan.
We’re heading back on the road! Check out our tour schedule at tabletmag.com/unorthodoxlive.
Send us emails and voice memos at [email protected], or leave a voicemail at our listener line: (914) 570-4869. Remember to tell us who you are and where you’re calling from.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get new episodes, photos, and more. Join our Facebook group, and follow Unorthodox on Twitter and Instagram. Get a behind-the-scenes look at our recording sessions on our YouTube channel.
Find out about our upcoming events at tabletmag.com/unorthodoxlive.
Want to book us for a live show or event in your area, or partner with us in some other way? Email Tanya Singer at [email protected].
Unorthodox is produced by Tablet Studios. Check out all of our podcasts at tabletmag.com/podcasts.
Explore the fundamentals of Jewish mindfulness practices with Awaken: Essential Jewish Mindfulness, the new four-week intro program from the Institute for Jewish Spirituality. Sign up today at JewishSpirituality.org.
- UnorthodoxMemories, RevisitedEp. 346: On International Holocaust Remembrance Day, stories of survival, Jewish pride, and a baby naming to rememberJanuary 26, 2023
- UnorthodoxMoving MountainsEp. 345: Rina Raphael on the dark side of the wellness industry and ‘Weird Al’ drummer Jon ‘Bermuda’ Schwartz on parody perfectionJanuary 19, 2023
- UnorthodoxHitting the RoadEp. 344: Starting our journey ‘Across the JEW.S.A.’ with a visit to Wilmington, Delaware, plus viral Yiddish singing sensation Mendel Goldman, and Jonathon Stalls on walking across the countryJanuary 12, 2023
- UnorthodoxAn Unorthodox Christmas SpectacularEp. 343: CBS’s Faith Salie, gospel musician Donald Lawrence, a Jewish mall Santa, and moreDecember 22, 2022
- UnorthodoxBright LightsEp. 342: Celebrating Hanukkah with eight inspiring stories from the Jewish worldDecember 15, 2022
- UnorthodoxWork ItEp. 341: Isabel Kaplan on her novel ‘NSFW,’ and Tabitha Soren on her photography career December 8, 2022
- UnorthodoxTough TalkersEp. 340: MSNBC anchor Katy Tur and ‘The Last Boss of Brighton’ author Douglas CenturyDecember 1, 2022
- UnorthodoxBonus: A Conversation With Tablet’s Editor-in-Chief Alana NewhouseTalking ‘Brokenism,’ America, and moreNovember 25, 2022
- UnorthodoxTruly ThankfulEp. 339: Making challah with Molly Yeh, Michael Twitty on ‘Koshersoul’ cooking, and Shannon Sarna on ‘Modern Jewish Comfort Food’November 24, 2022
- UnorthodoxBuilding Bridges Ep. 338: Actor Eric Ladin on ‘Where the Crawdads Sing’ and Jewish summer camp, interfaith leader Eboo Patel on embracing religious diversityNovember 17, 2022
- UnorthodoxSpirited DebateEp. 337: Letty Cottin Pogrebin reflects on her Jewish awakening and her Jewish identity within the feminist movementNovember 10, 2022
- UnorthodoxGenerally AssembledEp. 336: Live from the Jewish Federations of North America General Assembly with Eric Fingerhut, plus ‘Rap Capital’ author Joe Coscarelli, new podcast merch, and moreNovember 3, 2022
- UnorthodoxAround the TableEp. 335: ‘Somebody Feed Phil’ star Phil Rosenthal on honoring his late parents on screen, and CBS Sunday Morning’s Faith Salie on raising Jewish children in a multifaith familyOctober 27, 2022
- UnorthodoxRaising the RoofEp. 334: Israeli actor Michael Aloni, Pastor Corey Brooks, JQY founder Mordechai Levovitz, and new Shabbat music from Yair RosenbergOctober 13, 2022
- UnorthodoxAbsolute CitronEp. 333: Celebrating Sukkot with a deep dive into the global history of the etrog, a visit to an etrog farm, and a look at Jewish co-housingOctober 6, 2022
- UnorthodoxThe Apology Episode, 5783Ep. 332: Stories of reckoning, atonement, and goats on our eighth annual Yom Kippur special September 29, 2022
- UnorthodoxFamily Hold BackEp. 331: Filmmakers Ken Burns and Sarah Botstein on ‘The U.S. and the Holocaust,’ and kosher cookbook author Kim Kushner on ‘The Modern Table’September 22, 2022
- UnorthodoxClass ActsEp. 330: Author Michael Lewis on life among the Jews and CNN’s Dana Bash on reporting on antisemitismSeptember 15, 2022