• Egyptian prime minister Hesham Kandil visited Gaza and expressed support for the Palestinians. [NBC]
• It may fall to Egypt to broker a deal between Israel and Hamas, Daniel Byman points out. [Foreign Policy]
• Air sirens blared in Tel Aviv again today as two rockets were fired from Gaza at the area. No impact or injuries were reported, but the Tel Aviv municipality has opened all public bomb shelters. [JPost]
• The three people wounded in Eshkol Regional Province have been identified as IDF soldiers. [Haaretz]
• After getting the go-ahead earlier this week to call up as many as 30,000 reservists, Israel has drafted 16,000 reserve troops. [Reuters]
•Tensions rise on Israeli college campuses as demonstrations and counter-demonstrations by Arab and Jewish student groups get broken up by police. [JTA]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.