• The United States is sending the Syrian rebels non-lethal aid including food and medicine to the tune of about $60 million. This will anger Syrian rebels who wanted weapons instead as well as the Assad regime, which wanted the U.S. to mind its own business. [Reuters]
• Former Obama Chief of Staff Jack Lew has been confirmed as the Treasury Secretary. Lew is the highest ranking Orthodox Jew to ever serve in American government. [JTA]
• “Moderate” Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who has not yet acknowledged the Armenian genocide, bashed Israel at a United Nations conference, calling Zionism “a crime against humanity.” [Haaretz]
• Jewcy has a dispatch from the Jewish Museum’s Purim Ball last night, an event at which artist James Rosenquist was honored and Lena Dunham delivered an intense Purimspiel. [Jewcy]
• Rabbi Andy Bachman opines smartly about confronting the BDS movement and its arguments rather than censoring it. [JTA]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.