Here are five Yiddish tongue twisters, glued together by some English. Like most fun, they generally don’t make much sense, but neither does Donald Trump. So try them out with your loved ones, your colleagues, and your pets, or chant them aloud to yourself.
1) Schmoozing in the shtetl with a schmutzy sheitel is a shande.
2) Kitchy keppes causes klutzes to kvetch and kvell.
3) Millions of macher-mohels makes a mamish meshuga minyan.
4) The pisher with the pleasing punim has a putzy pupik.
5) “Goyisher mazel, geh gesund,” said Gittel the goilem to di goyim.
Jonathan Zalman is a writer and teacher based in Brooklyn.