• The Israeli Knesset has passed a marriage registration reform bill known as the ‘Tzohar bill,’ which allows couples to choose the rabbinic jurisdiction in which they will register their marriage, enabling couples to avoid some of the more stringent jurisdictions. [Times of Israel]
• Five Australian Jews were attacked this weekend just outside of Sydney, Australia, in which is being called an anti-Semitic incident. [Jerusalem Post]
• So, Paula Abdul is getting bat mitzvahed at the Kotel. [JTA]
• WNYC host Jonathan Schwartz, son of composer Arthur Schwartz, lists his personal classic American songbook canon. [New Yorker]
• Attention, Seinfeld fans: Tom’s Diner, the real-life restaurant that Jerry, George, Elaine, and Kramer frequented on-screen, is getting the documentary treatment. [Jewcy]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.