• Iran and the United States will not be engaging in direct talks according to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. In other news, it’s Thursday. [NYT]
• John Brennan, President Obama’s nominee for CIA Director, had some ‘splaining to do about the American drone program at his nomination hearing earlier today. It was an intense few hours marked by interruptions by protestors. [Fox]
• Ori Nir looks at the voting tallies from the Israeli elections and is surprised to find that Yisrael-Beiteinu, despite all its efforts, scored only 5% of the settler vote. [Forward]
• Downton Ashkenazi? Francesca Segal’s book ‘The Innocents’ reportedly will be adapted into a television series by the producers of the hit PBS show Downton Abbey. The book is about a well-to-do British Jewish community. [Jewish Week]
• Jewcy investigates the claim that Lena Dunham both didn’t vote in the last election despite making a campaign video for President Obama as well as the dish on who would be the first character in ‘Girls’ to get the heave-ho. [Jewcy]
Adam Chandler was previously a staff writer at Tablet. His work has appeared in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Atlantic, Slate, Esquire, New York, and elsewhere. He tweets @allmychandler.