• The Bushehr nuclear facility in southern Iran was reportedly damaged during earthquakes in April, contrary to initial reports from Tehran. [Times of Israel]
• Tablet contributor Avital Chizhik finds echoes of Marc Chagall’s legacy throughout the painter’s homeland of Vitebsk, Belarus. [Haaretz]
• Simon Doonan toasts Joan Rivers in anticipation of her 80th birthday on Saturday, asking that she “please don’t die anytime soon.” [Slate]
• The Jewish Week has rolled out its annual 36 Under 36 list. Did you make the cut? [The Jewish Week]
• Disgraced former New Yorker writer Jonah Lehrer is back with a new book proposal—about love. [Slate]
• Philadelphia restaurant Honey’s Sit ‘n Eat, a neighborhood joint serving matzo ball soup and brisket, was defaced with anti-Semitic graffiti over the weekend. [Jewish Exponent]
Stephanie Butnick is deputy editor of Tablet Magazine and a host of the Unorthodox podcast.