• September 23, e.g., next Friday. [AP/WP]
• Among Gov. Rick Perry’s New York City fundraisers next week is one with kosher food. Trying to attract vegetarian donors, I see. [Politico]
• What lost the New York special election? The mustache! [The Brooklyn Paper/Vos Iz Neias?]
• Maccabi Tel Aviv lost in Turkey to Besiktas, 5-1. The Turkish government demanded that the score be revised to 7-1. [Arutz Sheva]
• Leon Wieseltier wins the award for best deployment of the word “cool.” [TNR]
• An uncle and his niece are reunited 65 years and the Holocaust later. [JTNews]
A student at York University accused her professor of advocating the sterilization of Jews because he cited the argument, “Jews should be sterilized,” as an example of something that is wrong. I’d say I’ve seen this movie before, but I haven’t—I’ve only read the book.