• Syrian President Assad reportedly warned Turkey’s foreign minister that he would strike Israeli cities if there was any foreign military intervention. But we didn’t even say who’d be invading yet! [Haaretz]
• Is there perhaps a little more chatter than usual over the potential for an Israeli military strike on Iranian nuclear weapons facilities? [ThinkProgress/LobeLog]
• There is certainly fear that Iran could develop the bomb and then decide not to declare it but rather go to school on Israel’s putt and adopt “nuclear ambiguity,” which would be bitter irony indeed. [JPost]
• Darren Aronofsky is making a $150 million movie about Noah’s Ark. [i09]
• Contributing editor David Rakoff won the prestigious 2011 Thurber Prize for American Humor. Mazel tov! [Publishers Weekly]
• Gal Beckerman on Natan Sharansky, post-politics. [TNR]
Or, you know, the Beastie Boys.