• An Iranian nuclear scientist was killed and another injured in bomb attacks this morning in Tehran. [WP]
• Iran announced that its first nuclear reactor, at Bushehr, will go online in late January. [JTA]
• Meanwhile, the Israeli-Palestinian “peace process” was shaken up by a Palestinian Authority paper’s denial that the Western Wall had a legitimate connection to Jewish history, and Prime Minister Netanyahu’s retort. [NYT]
• How Saad Hariri has held onto power in Lebanon even as future indictments in his father’s killing threaten to prompt instability or a coup. Namely: By kissing up to Syria and Iran. [WP]
• Irene Klass, who published The Jewish Press, died at 94. [JTA]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.