• Khairat el-Shater, the Muslim Brotherhood’s recently disqualified presidential candidate, accused Egypt’s military leadership of being unwilling to cede real power. [WP]
• Israel’s Masorti movement (their version of Conservative Judaism) will ordain gays and lesbians as rabbis. [JTA]
• The Times’ Disunion blog, about the Civil War, does its Judah Benjamin capsule. [NYT Opinionator]
• Such an awesome article about how the NFL schedule gets made. Guy in charge is named Katz. [NYT]
• Rep. Eric Cantor did or didn’t admit that there is some anti-Jewish bias among the Republican House caucus, depending on whom you ask. I think the tape shows weird ambiguity that nonetheless isn’t enough to actually say he was saying that thing. Boy this election season’s gonna be fun. [ThinkProgress/Commentary Contentions]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.