• Cuban leader Raúl Castro apparently told two U.S. senators that jailed Jewish contractor Alan Gross, who is alleged to have been trying to connect the island’s Jewish community to the outside world, is not a spy. [JTA]
• Dmitri Nabokov, son of Vladimir and Véra (who was Jewish), died at 77. [NYT]
• A horse named Pogrom. A Polish horse named Pogrom. [JTA]
• Why can’t there be a Jew Road/Creek/Pond in my state? [Forward]
• ¿Habla espanol? Aquí está un artículo periodístico sobre “Biblias de Sefarad.” [El País]
• Sukkah wars at Trump Place. Whatta town! [NY Post/Vos Iz Neias?]
Gaza, via Vice.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.