• Teaching Torah for b’nai mitzvot students … over the Internet! The latest trend piece from the other daily magazine of Jewish life and culture. [NYT]
• The Israeli Air Force responded to the rockets of the past 24 hours with three strikes in Gaza. Injuries were reported. [LAT]
•On the way: A written U.S.-Israel freeze agreement. [Haaretz]
• A remarkable story, begging to be turned into a 12,000-word New Yorker feature: A 50-year-old Jewish real estate lawyer who is the son of a scholar of the Dead Sea Scrolls at the University of Chicago was convicted of impersonating a different Dead Sea Scrolls scholar, a professor at NYU. [City Room]
• There is a fascinating Israeli campaign to introduce anti-sex trafficking laws that criminalize the consumer. [Ms. Blog]
• A prominent New York lawyer wants a day off of a trial following the birth of his grandkid—but only if it’s a grandson and there is a bris. “Look, the Jewish religion is sexist. It just is. But I didn’t make the rules!” [WSJ Law Blog]
Jon Stewart and I have had our differences. But when he decides to actually take a position—as here, on Glenn Beck’s documentary about George Soros—he does himself proud, and is funny as hell.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.