• Richard Goldstone says being an apartheid-era judge was “a difficult moral decision,” and argues, “I do not understand why my actions as a judge in those years precludes me … from judging war crimes whether committed in the former Yugoslavia, Rwanda, or the Middle East.” [Jewish Chronicle/Vos Iz Neias?]
• Prime Minister Netanyahu referred to the hundreds of “Jerusalem” (or “Zion”) mentions in the Bible. [Reuters/Vos Iz Neias?]
• “Masbia” are four restaurants in Brooklyn and Queens that serve kosher meals for free to impoverished Jews. [Brooklyn Rail]
• How to tell a schlemiel from a schlimazel from a schmendrik from a plain old jerk. [Forward]
• Noam Chomsky is taking a pass today. [The Onion]
A slideshow of Lepkoff’s photos is here. One is below.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.