• Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz read Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ farewell (for now) and resignation with the departing congresswoman by her side today. Video is below. You’ll need tissues. [JTA Capital J]
• Egyptians gathered en masse in Tahrir Square to mark the one-year anniversary of #Jan25. [NYT]
• You will be shocked to learn that, according to President Abbas, the past month of negotiations in Amman went nowhere. [JTA]
• A newly uncovered Irving Berlin song was not actually written by him after all, but by the lesser-known Lew Brown and Cliff Friend. [NYT ArtsBeat]
• Jewcy’s Jason Diamond sketches Nathan Englander. [Capital]
• Fascinating new Website about the Jewish refugees who came to Apulia, Italy, after World War II. [University of Salento (Lecce)]
• Richard Brody on Agnieszka Holland, whose In Darkness received a Best Foreign Language Film nomination yesterday. [New Yorker The Front Row]
Yes, you’re allowed to cry.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.