• In her very first speech, the brand-new E.U. foreign policy head took aim at Israel: “East Jerusalem is occupied territory together with the West Bank.” [JTA]
• J Street’s decision to back the Iran sanctions bill, which the U.S. House of Representatives passed yesterday, represented a move toward the center for the “pro-Israel, pro-peace” American group. [Forward]
• Ambassador Michael Oren and a spokesperson for Special Envoy George Mitchell both denied allegations that Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman leaves the room when Mitchell mentions East Jerusalem. [Ben Smith]
• Rabbi Shmuley Boteach has some words of wisdom for and about Tiger Woods. [JTA]
• In Israel, sufganiyot have roundly defeated latkes as the Hanukkah delicacy of choice. [Jewish Chronicle]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.