• Levi Aron, the alleged murderer of eight-year-old Leiby Kletzky, had cuts on his wrists and arms, possibly indicating a struggle. He is to be arraigned today. [City Room]
•Four Jewish summer camps in the Poconos have signed contracts with gas companies licensing the environmentally destructive practice known as “fracking.” [Forward]
• Maybe Israel and Turkey can make up over their shared love of circumcision. [JPost]
• The World Conference of Science Journalists was held in Doha, Qatar. So clearly there had to be controversy about a U.S.-Israeli citizen appearing on a panel. [Science Insider]
• Andrew Silow-Carroll takes up one of my biggest pet peeves: Namely, writers who turn the nouns bar mitzvah or bat mitzvah into verbs. We don’t do that, thank you (and yes I’m sure I have at some point). [Just ASC]
• Ten Bastille Day articles from the Forverts. My favorite is Abraham Cahan’s. [Forward]
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.