• More than 5,000 Palestinian refugees were forced to flee their camp in Latakia, Syria, following shelling from President Assad’s forces. [AP/Yahoo!]
• The U.S. State Department chastised Israel over its announcement of new building in the settlement of Ariel. [Reuters/Haaretz]
• Twilight actress Kristen Stewart, apparently not a Jew, nonetheless got her start singing “a more serious dreidel song” (which is to say, presumably not the “I made it out of clay” one). [W]
• Splitsville for the Madoffs. [JTA]
• The U.S. military has learned several counterinsurgency tactics from the Israelis. [Abu Muqawama]
• Camp Be’chol Lashon, in Marin County, California, is specifically for Jews of color. [NYT]
Amy Winehouse made out of pills? Amy Winehouse made out of pills.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.