• At the United States’s urging, the U.N. Human Rights Council has appointed a special investigator into Iranian human rights. [AP/WP]
• The woman who died in the Jerusalem bomb attack yesterday was a 59-year-old Briton named Mary Jean Gardner. [JTA/Forward]
• The opposition Kadima Party is seizing on a report that Prime Minister Netanyahu allowed foreign trips to be funded by private donors seeking influence. [AP/WP]
• Elizabeth Taylor was buried today, very quickly, because, y’know, that’s how we do. [People]
• A reminder that Tablet Magazine’s official NCAA men’s basketball team, the Wisconsin Badgers, play Butler around 10 pm tonight on TBS. Here’s an article further describing their awesomeness. [Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel]
This The Daily Show segment from last night is making the rounds:
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.