• God to Obama: Give Me Israel and Palestine, side by side. So sayeth former national security adviser Jim Jones. [Political Wire]
• There are elements of The Catcher in the Rye, “Franny,” and probably other works I can’t think of right now in this amazing recollection of a party (and an after-party) with J.D. Salinger in 1952. Must-read. [Paris Review]
• Remember that nice, funny, cute Super Bowl commercial with the Volkswagen and the little kid as like Darth Vader? Yeah, well, it was really about Nazis. [Badass Stuff]
• David Horowitz comes down against Bill Kristol’s non-hysteria over Egypt. [Right Wing Watch]
• Jan Gross is coming out with a new book about alleged Polish complicity in the Holocaust. [Haaretz]
Turns out that if you string together several McBain clips from different Simpsons episodes, they are all part of one coherent, larger feature. Trust me when I say that to some people this is really, really important news.
Marc Tracy is a staff writer at The New Republic, and was previously a staff writer at Tablet. He tweets @marcatracy.